Vivian Harr takes a stand
She does the right thing.
She is eight years old!
Watch this video, take a moment and ponder . . .
What do I stand up for?
I did not collect money today for a good cause.
I did not make a stand for a public matter today.
I honestly don’t think I stood up today like Vivienne does every day.
Vivienne challenges us
To stand up and to take a stand on what matters to us
Key words for me are “inspirational, courageous and natural”.Madeleine Boerma
I wish to follow my heart and live a courageous life and inspire others to do the same.
And I wish to contribute to a more natural world, both environmentally, but also in the way we do business.
I wish to do business from the heart and I will stand up for this, as much as I can and wherever I can.
What actions do I take?
- Renovating my house in a sustainable manner.
- Running my business as sustainably as possible.
- Donating to animal rescue charities yearly.
- Speaking up when I feel my heart nudges me to address wrongs doings.
- Voting for parties with a sustainable agenda.
There is so much to do. Sometimes it feels there is so little time.
Yet, I also strongly believe that every step matters.
As long as we keep taking a stand, taking a step, and then one more.
What do YOU stand up for?
What makes you tick?
What makes you get out of bed every morning?
What makes you speak up?
What makes you determined to go for it?
What do you stand up for?
More reading material (added in 2020)
- A list with 13 sensible, good and solid suggestions to take a stand on Riskology, a site for introvert leaders.
- A personal blog on how to speak up while taking a stand on Psychology Today
- Well-wrought blog on 6 things to consider before taking a stand by John Bell (oh, and yes, it is site for pastoral workers and clergy but I like what he wrote)
Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don’t give up the fight.Bob Marley
Are you a solo entrepreneur or SME with a team? Want to know I can help you with (team)coaching, running a sustainable business and accomplishing results that matter, click here for an overview in English.